We will continue to update parents and students with news of school closures and a plan for remote learning. Please continue to check the school website, PupilPath and students are reminded to check their school email daily. The information below is the most current and can be read directly at the Department of Education’s website here.
Mayor Bill de Blasio and Schools Chancellor Richard A. Carranza today announced the City will move towards a new Remote Learning Model for all school days until Spring Recess. Students will not report to school buildings for instruction during this time. School buildings are scheduled to reopen to students following Spring Recess on Monday, April 20, 2020.
Monday, March 16, 2020
Tomorrow, March 16, there will be a one-day full system closure, however breakfast and lunch will be available at every building through grab-and-go meals.
For the remainder of this week, teachers and administrators will participate in professional development on remote learning, and students will begin picking up materials for continued instruction.
The schedule, as we move to remote learning, is as follows:
- Monday, March 16: Citywide closure. Students, teachers, and principals do not report.
- Tuesday, March 17: Thursday, March 19: All staff reports. Teachers and principals participate in professional development on remote learning.
- Thursday, March 19-Friday, March 20: Students who need it will be able to begin process of picking up the technology necessary for remote learning. More guidance to families will be sent this week.
- Monday, March 23: Remote learning launches, with additional guidance provided throughout the week of the 23.
Monday, March 23
Effective Monday, March 23, Regional Enrichment Centers will be available for the children of first responders, healthcare workers, and our most vulnerable populations, with more details to follow.
Additionally, remote learning will go into effect for grades K-12. DOE will support schools at all levels of readiness to deliver remote learning, and more information will be provided to families about online platforms.
- Get Learn at Home resources
- Learn about staying healthy and get coronavirus updates
- Schools and staff can view the Coronavirus Communications(Open external link) page for information and links to staff facing information